Transfusion Medicine 4th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Jeffrey McCullough
Published by Wiley Blackwell
About the Book
This Transfusion Medicine, 4th Edition is edited by Jeffrey McCullough. This Fourth Edition textbook provides a concise, clinically focused and practical approach to the field of blood banking and transfusion therapy written by international expert, Jeffrey McCullough MD.
– Concise, approachable, yet comprehensive approach to the field of transfusion medicine and blood banking.
– Offers extensive guidance on important topics such as; donor recruitment, blood collection and storage, donor testing and clinical uses of blood components, techniques of administration of blood components, complications of transfusion, transmissible diseases, the HLA system, and many more.
– Provides new content on patient blood management systems, the changing indications for red cell transfusion, new transmissible disease agents, management of massive blood loss, pathogen reduced blood components, therapeutic apheresis including photopheresis, management of massive transfusion and new cellular therapies.
– Discusses global blood supply and US blood supply organizations and their consolidation and reorganization.
– Reviews other topics of current interest, such as mitigation strategies for TRALI prevention, effects of storage of blood on adverse effects, management of massive blood loss and massive transfusion protocols pathogen inactivation, and granulocyte transfusion.
– Extensively referenced for further study.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
2. The Blood Supply
3. Recruitment of Blood Donors
4. Blood Donor Medical Assessment and Blood Collection
5. Preparation, Storage, and Characteristics of Blood Components and Plasma Derivatives
6. Patient Blood Management
7. Production of Components by Apheresis
8. Laboratory Testing of Donated Blood
9. Blood Groups
10. Laboratory Detection of Blood Groups and Provision of Red Cells
11. Clinical Uses of Blood Components
12. Transfusion Therapy in Specific Clinical Situations
13. Techniques of Blood Transfusion
14. Complications of Transfusion
15. Transfusion Transmitted Diseases
16. The HLA Systemin Transfusion Medicine and Transplantation
17. Hematopoietic Growth Factors in Transfusion Medicine
18. Cellular Engineering for the Production of New Blood Components
19. Therapeutic Apheresis
20. Quality Programs in Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine
For Whom is this Book For
This Transfusion Medicine, 4th Edition is perfect for Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those students who are pursuing their Graduation in Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 4 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.