The Pituitary 4th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Shlomo Melmed
Published by Academic Press
About the Book
The Pituitary, 4th Edition is edited by Shlomo Melmed. This Fourth Edition textbook of The Pituitary, published by Academic Press Publications, provides a common language for endocrinologists, neurosurgeons, OB/GYNs, and endocrine researchers to discuss how the pituitary gland and hormones affect each major organ system.
– Continues the tradition of a cogent blend of basic science and clinical medicine which has been the successful hallmark of prior editions.
– Devoted to the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of pituitary disorders.
– Extensively revised to reflect new knowledge derived from advances in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, diagnostics, and therapeutics as they apply to the pituitary gland.
– Provides information on wide spectrum of clinical disorders emanating from dysfunction of the master gland which is described in detail by experts in the field.
– Fundamental mechanisms underlying disease pathogenesis are presented to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of mechanisms subserving both normal and disordered pituitary hormone secretion and action.
– Provides extensive body of knowledge which is useful for students, trainees, physicians, and scientists who need to understand critical pituitary functions and how to care for patients with pituitary disorders.
– Chapters provide medical students, clinical and basic endocrinology trainees, endocrinologists, internists, pediatricians, gynecologists, and neurosurgeons with a comprehensive, yet integrated, text devoted to the science and art of pituitary medicine.
– Brings together pituitary experts from all areas of research and practice who take readers all the way from bench research, to genomic and proteomic analysis, clinical analysis, and new therapeutic approaches to pituitary disorders.
– Saves researchers and clinicians time in quickly accessing the very latest details on a broad range of issues related to normal and diseased pituitary function.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Section I: Hypothalamic–Pituitary Function
Hypothalamic Regulation of Anterior Pituitary Function
Growth Hormone, Prolactin
The Posterior Pituitary
Section II: Hypothalamic–Pituitary Disorders
Anterior Pituitary Failure
Pituitary Dysfunction in Systemic Disorders
Drugs and Pituitary Function
The Pituitary Gland in Pregnancy
Psychiatric Disease in Hypothalamic–Pituitary Disorders
Section III: Pituitary Tumors
Acromegaly, Prolactinoma, Cushing Disease
Thyrotrophin-Secreting Pituitary Tumors
Nonfunctioning and Gonadotrophin-Secreting Adenomas
Atypical Pituitary Adenomas
Genetics of Pituitary Tumor Syndromes
Nonpituitary Sellar Masses
Section IV: Pituitary Procedures
Pituitary Imaging, Pituitary Surgery
For Whom is this Book For
The Pituitary, 4th Edition is perfect for Endocrinologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students those who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Endocrinology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 54 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.