The Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Elizabeth H. Oakes
Facts on File Library of Health and Living
Published by Facts On File Inc
About the Book
The Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine is edited by Elizabeth H. Oakes. Today Americans participate in sports more than ever before, and with increased activity follows an increased chance of injury. Now more than ever, sports medicine is relevant not only to college and professional athletes, but also to parents, amateur athletes, and seniors maintaining a fitness regime. Common to all these people is the desire to improve athletic performance and prevent injuries, or properly treat them when they occur. This First Edition textbook of The Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine covers all of this Cases and their management.
– “The A to Z of Sports Medicine” delivers more than 150 in-depth entries.
– Using everyday language, basic descriptions of sports medicine terms introduce the reader to many important topics and provide an at-home reference to supplement the information received from sports medicine professionals.
– Entries on individual sports detail their most common injuries and how to prevent them.
– Appendixes provide listings of useful resources and organizations.
– Other features include safety tips by sport, nutrition information by sport, common injuries by body part or area, and five commonly misdiagnosed sports injuries.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
-Safety Tips by Sport
-Nutrition by Sport
-Common Sports Injuries
-Training Tips for Running a First Marathon or Riding a First Century
-Associations and Organizations
-Sports Medicine Schools
-Sports Medicine Journals
-Sports Medicine Web Sites
For Whom is this Book For
This 1st Edition textbook of The Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine is perfect for Orthopedists and Physiotherapists. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Graduation in Orthopedics and Physiotherapy. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 1.3 MB
Note: Download Button below Works only for Premium Members
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.