Sleep and Breathing Disorders eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Meir Kryger
From Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine
Published by Elsevier
About the Book
This Sleep and Breathing Disorders: From Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine is edited by Meir Kryger. Written specifically for non-sleep medicine specialists, this First Edition of Sleep and Breathing Disorders is one-of-a-kind reference which guides you through every aspect of this complex field with authoritative advice from Dr. Meir Kryger and other experts.
Vibrantly illustrated in full color, it thoroughly covers the types of patients you’re most likely to see in the outpatient setting and brings you up to date with the latest treatment methods, both surgical and non-surgical.
– Complete coverage of the patients you’re most likely to encounter, including special populations such as those with COPD, obesity hypoventilation, pregnancy, neuromuscular disorders, stroke, and more.
– Specific information on topics of interest to a wide variety of physicians: heart failure and sleep disordered breathing; surgical treatments, including hypoglossal nerve stimulation; oral appliances and the treatment of sleep apnea; home sleep testing; and different types of PAP devices.
– Ideal for pulmonologists, otolaryngologists, cardiologists, primary care physicians, dentists, and other healthcare providers who encounter patients with sleep and breathing disorders.
– Full-color illustrations throughout, including a profusely illustrated chapter on physical diagnosis.
– This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Section 1: Assessment and Pathophysiology
Approach and Evaluation of the Patient
Cardinal Manifestations of Sleep Disorders
Physical Examination in Sleep Medicine
Use of Clinical Tools and Tests in Sleep Medicine
Monitoring Techniques for Evaluating Suspected Sleep-Disordered Breathing
Home Sleep Testing
Respiratory Physiology: Understanding the Control of Ventilation
Physiology of Upper and Lower Airways
Section 2: Sleep Apnea Syndromes
Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders: Classification
Sleep Breathing Disorders: Clinical Overview
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Phenotypes and Genetics
Central Sleep Apnea: Definitions, Pathophysiology, Genetics, and Epidemiology
Anatomy and Physiology of Upper Airway Obstruction
Snoring and Pathologic Upper Airway Resistance Syndromes
Section 3: Management
Central Sleep Apnea: Diagnosis and Management
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Diagnosis and Management
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Alternative, Adjunctive, and Complementary Therapies
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Positive Airway Pressure Therapy
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Oral Appliance Therapy
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Anesthesia for Upper Airway Surgery
Upper Airway Surgery to Treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Obesity, and Bariatric Surgery
Section 4: Consequences
Obstructive Sleep Apnea and the Central Nervous System
Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Metabolic Disorders
Cardiovascular Effects of Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
Systemic and Pulmonary Hypertension in Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Coronary Artery Disease and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Section 5: Special Populations
Overlap Syndromes of Sleep and Breathing Disorders
Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Older Adults
Sleep-Disordered Breathing in Pregnancy
Obstructive Sleep Apnea in the Workplace
For Whom is this Book For
This Sleep and Breathing Disorders: From Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 1st Edition is perfect for ENT Specialists, Otolaryngologists, Neurologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Otolaryngology and Neurology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 32.8 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.