Sabiston Textbook of Surgery 20th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Townsend, Beauchamp, Evers and Mattox
The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice
Published by Elsevier
About the Book
This Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 20th Edition is edited by Townsend, Beauchamp, Evers and Mattox. Since its first publication in 1936, Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice has been regarded as the preeminent source for definitive guidance in all areas of general surgery.
The Twentieth Edition textbook continues the rich tradition of quality that has made this classic text synonymous with the specialty and a part of generations of surgery residents and practitioners. Meticulously updated throughout, this classic text concisely covers the breadth of material needed for certification and practice of general surgery.
Detailed, full-color intra-operative illustrations and high-quality video clips capture key teaching moments, allowing you to better understand the basic science of surgery, make the most informed decisions and achieve optimal outcomes for every patient.
– Understand the underlying science and its clinical application to make informed surgical decisions and achieve optimal outcomes.
– Overcome tough challenges, manage unusual situations, and avoid complications with the most trusted advice in your field.
– Get the depth of coverage you need in an easily accessible, single volume organized by organ and along traditional lines beginning with principles common to surgical specialties including fluid and electrolyte management, metabolic support, and wound healing. Subsequent sections review the management of injury, transplantation, oncology, breast, endocrine, and abdominal procedures.
– Explore topics encountered by general surgery residents in training as well as in-depth coverage of subspecialty areas including head and neck, thoracic, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, and gynecology.
– Visually grasp and retain difficult concepts thanks to a full-color design featuring an abundance of illustrations, intraoperative photographs, video clips and tables as well as more schematic diagrams that facilitate the comprehension of surgical techniques and procedures.
– Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about the latest surgical perspectives and approaches to treatment including innovations in minimally invasive surgery and percutaneous devices.
– Streamline clinical decision making with an increased number of schematic diagrams and key data on surgical outcomes.
– Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This 20th Edition handbook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
S-1: Surgical Basic Principles
History of Surgery
Ethics and Professionalism in Surgery
The Inflammatory Response
Shock, Electrolytes and Fluid
Metabolism in Surgical Patients
Evidence-Based Surgery: Critically Assessing Surgical Literature
Safety in the Surgical Environment
S-2: Perioperative Management
Principles of Preoperative and Operative Surgery
Surgical Infections and Antibiotic Use
Surgery in the Geriatric Patient
Anesthesiology Principles, Pain Management, and Conscious Sedation
Emerging Technology in Surgery: Informatics, Electronics, Robotics
Management of Acute Trauma
The Difficult Abdominal Wall
Emergency Care of Musculoskeletal Injuries
Bites and Stings
Surgical Critical Care
Bedside Surgical Procedures
The Surgeon’s Role in Mass Casualty Incidents
S-3: Transplantation and Immunology
Transplantation Immunobiology and Immunosuppression
Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation
Small Bowel Transplantation
S-4: Surgical Oncology
Tumor Biology and Tumor Markers
Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy
Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancies
Soft Tissue Sarcomas
S-5: Head and Neck
Head and Neck
Diseases of the Breast
The Parathyroid Glands
The Adrenal Glands
The Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes\
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Hiatal Hernia
Abdominal Wall, Umbilicus, Peritoneum, Mesenteries, Omentum and Retroperitoneum
Acute Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
Colon and Rectum
Lung, Chest Wall, Pleura, and Mediastinum
Congenital Heart Disease
Acquired Heart Disease: Coronary Insufficiency
Acquired Heart Disease: Valvular
Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
S-12: Specialties in General Surgery
Surgery in the Pregnant Patient
For Whom is this Book For
This Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 20th Edition is perfect for Surgeons and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students those who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Surgery. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 366.5 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.