Proteomic Applications in Cancer Detection and Discovery eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Timothy D. Veenstra
Published by Wiley
About the Book
This Proteomic Applications in Cancer Detection and Discovery is edited by Timothy D. Veenstra. This First Edition textbook of Proteomic Applications in Cancer Detection and Discovery, published by Wiley Publications, deals with Proteomic Data which is increasingly important to understanding the origin and progression of cancer; however, most oncologic researchers who depend on proteomics for their studies do not collect the data themselves. As a result, there is a knowledge gap between scientists, who devise proteomic techniques and collect the data, and the oncologic researchers, who are expected to interpret and apply proteomic data.
– Helps researchers in proteomics and oncology work together to understand, prevent, and cure cancer.
– Explains how proteomic technology can be used to address some of the most important questions in cancer research.
– Enables readers to understand how proteomic data is acquired and analyzed and how it is interpreted.
– Filled with examples based on the research experience that clearly demonstrate the application of proteomic technology in oncology research, including the discovery of novel biomarkers for different types of cancers.
– Begins with a brief introduction to systems biology, explaining why cancer is a systems biology disease.
– Covers the topics such as Mass spectrometry in cancer research, Application of proteomics to global phosphorylation analysis, Search for biomarkers in biofluids, Rise and fall of proteomic patterns for cancer diagnostics, Emergence of protein arrays and Role of proteomics in personalized medicine.
– Final chapter is dedicated to the future prospects of proteomics in cancer research.
– Enhances the ability of researchers in proteomics and researchers in oncology to collaborate in order to better understand cancer and develop strategies to prevent and treat it.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Mass Spectrometry in Cancer Research
Proteomic Analysis of Posttranslational Modifications
Characterization of Protein Complexes
Global Phosphorylation Analysis
The Search for Biomarkers in Biofluids
Proteomic Patterns: A New Paradigm in Diagnostics and Therapeutics?
The Emergence of Protein Arrays
The Role of Proteomics in Personalized Medicine
The Critical Role of Bioinformatics
Future Prospects of Proteomics in Cancer Research
For Whom is this Book For
This Proteomic Applications in Cancer Detection and Discovery, 1st Edition is perfect for Oncologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for researchers and scientists in Oncology! It acts as Reference Material for those students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Oncology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 16.5 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.