Protein Surface Recognition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Ernest Giralt, Mark Peczuh and Xavier Salvatella
Approaches for Drug Discovery
Published by Wiley
About the Book
This Protein Surface Recognition: Approaches for Drug Discovery is edited by Ernest Giralt, Mark Peczuh and Xavier Salvatella. A new perspective on the design of molecular therapeutics is emerging. This First Edition textbook of Protein Surface Recognition deals with new strategy which emphasizes the rational complementation of functionality along extended patches of a protein surface with the aim of inhibiting protein/protein interactions. The successful development of compounds able to inhibit these interactions offers a unique chance to selectively intervene in a large number of key cellular processes related to human disease.
– Presents a detailed treatment of Protein Surface Recognition strategy
– Provides complete details on extended survey of protein-protein interactions that are key players in human disease and biology and the potential for therapeutics derived from this new perspective
– Provides info on the fundamental physical issues that surround protein-protein interactions that must be considered when designing ligands for protein surfaces.
– Includes examples of protein surface-small molecule interactions, including treatments of protein-natural product interactions, protein-interface peptides, and rational approaches to protein surface recognition from model to biological systems.
– Information on a survey of techniques that will be integral to the discovery of new small molecule protein surface binders, from high throughput synthesis and screening techniques to in silico and in vitro methods for the discovery of novel protein ligands.
– Protein Surface Recognition provides an intellectual “tool-kit” for investigators in medicinal and bioorganic chemistry looking to exploit this emerging paradigm in drug discovery.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
The Discovery and Characterization of Protein–Protein Interactions
Biophysics of Protein–Protein Interactions
On the Logic of Natural Product Binding in Protein–Protein Interactivity
Inhibition of Protein–Protein Interactions by Peptide Mimics
Discovery of Inhibitors of Protein–Protein Interactions by Screening Chemical Libraries
High-throughput Methods of Chemical Synthesis Applied to the Preparation of Inhibitors of Protein–Protein Interactions
In Silico Screening
In Vitro Screening: Screening by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
In Vitro Screening: Methods of High-throughput Screening
Case Study: Inhibitors of the MDM2-p53 Protein–Protein Interaction
Case Study: The Discovery of Potent LFA-1 Antagonists
For Whom is this Book For
This 1st Edition textbook of Protein Surface Recognition: Approaches for Drug Discovery is perfect for Researchers, Scientists and Medicinal Chemists. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 84 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.