Pediatric Hematology and Oncology eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Edward Estlin, Richard J. Gilberston and Robert F. Wynn
Scientific Principles and Clinical Practice
Published by Wiley Blackwell
About the Book
This Pediatric Hematology and Oncology is edited by Edward Estlin, Richard J. Gilberston and Robert F. Wynn. This First Edition textbook has an international authorship and is a practical, up-to-date resource for clinicians responsible for the care of children with oncologic and malignant hematologic disease. It is specifically designed for practicing oncologists and hematologists, pediatricians with an interest in childhood cancer and trainees seeking a systematic approach to these disorders.
– Provides emphasis on the visual presentation and ease of reading of contemporary and comprehensive information for children’s cancers and contains detailed tables, fact boxes and illustrations.
– Begins with an introduction to the general principles of the scientific foundation and treatment of childhood cancers and hematological malignancies.
– Separate sections are then devoted to descriptions of central nervous system tumors, hematological malignancies and solid tumors of childhood which encompass epidemiology, cellular and molecular biology, cancer genetics, immunology, pharmacology and the findings of clinical trials.
– Key original references and reviews are highlighted to direct further reading for each area of science covered.
– Diagnostic, biological, and therapeutic issues are integrated into each tumor-specific chapter, with evidence supporting the current rationales for risk stratification and the development of novel therapies.
– A final section then explores supportive care, palliative care, late effects considerations and psychosocial issues as relate to children’s cancer.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Low- and High-Grade Glioma
Pediatric Spinal Cord Tumors
Pediatric Craniopharyngioma, Mixed Glioneuronal Tumors, and Atypical Teratoid/Rhabdoid Tumor
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Myelodysplastic Disorders
Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Germ Cell Tumors
Supportive Care: Physical Consequences of Cancer and its Therapies
Psychosocial Needs of Children with Cancer and Their Families
Late Effects in Relation to Childhood Cancer
Clinical Trials Involving Children with Cancer – Organizational and Ethical Issues
For Whom is this Book For
This Pediatric Hematology and Oncology: Scientific Principles and Clinical Practice is perfect for Pediatricians, Hematologists, Oncologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students those who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Oncology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 20.3 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.