Pathophysiology 7th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Kathryn L. McCance and Sue E. Huether
The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children
Published by Elsevier
About the Book
This Pathophysiology, 7th Edition is edited by Kathryn L. McCance and Sue E. Huether. With easy-to-read, in-depth descriptions of disease, disease etiology, and disease processes, this Seventh Edition textbook of Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children helps you understand the most important and the most complex pathophysiology concepts.
– More than 1,200 full-color illustrations and photographs make it easier to identify normal anatomy and physiology, as well as alterations of function.
– Includes a NEW Epigenetics and Disease chapter along with additional What’s New boxes highlighting the latest advances in pathophysiology.
– Written by well-known educators Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether, and joined by a team of expert contributors, this resource is the most comprehensive and authoritative pathophysiology text available!
– Includes over 1,200 full-color illustrations and photographs which depict the clinical manifestations of disease and disease processes more than in any other pathophysiology text.
– A fully updated glossary includes 1,000 terms, and makes lookup easier by grouping together similar topics and terms.
– Outstanding authors Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether have extensive backgrounds as researchers and instructors, and utilize expert contributors, consultants, and reviewers in developing this edition.
– Chapter summary reviews provide concise synopses of the main points of each chapter.
– Consistent presentation of diseases includes pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
– Lifespan content includes ten separate pediatric chapters and special sections with aging and pediatrics content.
– Algorithms and flowcharts of diseases and disorders make it easy to follow the sequential progression of disease processes.
– Nutrition and Disease boxes explain the link between concepts of health promotion and disease. – EXTENSIVELY Updated content reflects advances in pathophysiology including tumor biology invasion and metastases, the epidemiology of cancer, diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance, thyroid and adrenal gland disorders, female reproductive disorders including benign breast diseases and breast cancer, and a separate chapter on male reproductive disorders and cancer.
– NEW! Chapter on epigenetics and disease.
– Additional What’s New boxes highlight the most current research and clinical development.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
PART ONE: CENTRAL CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: CELLS AND TISSUES
Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Genes and Gene-Environment Interaction
Genes and Genetic Diseases
Genes, Environment-Lifestyle, and Common Diseases
Epigenetics and Disease NEW!
Mechanisms of Self-Defense
Innate Immunity: Inflammation
Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation
Stress and Disease
Cellular Proliferation: Cancer
Cancer in Children
PART TWO: PATHOPHYSIOLOGIC ALTERATIONS: ORGANS AND SYSTEMS
The Neurologic System
Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
Pain, Temperature Regulation, Sleep, and Sensory Function
Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics, and Motor Function
Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction
Neurobiology of Schizophrenia, Mood Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders
Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
The Endocrine System
Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation
Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
The Reproductive Systems
Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems
Alterations of the Female Reproductive System
Alterations of the Male Reproductive System
Sexually Transmitted Infections
The Hematologic System
Structure and Function of the Hematologic System
Alterations of Erythrocyte Function
Alterations of Leukocyte, Lymphoid, and Hemostatic Function
Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
The Pulmonary System
Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System
Alterations of Pulmonary Function
Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children
The Renal and Urologic Systems
Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems
Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children
The Digestive System
Structure and Function of the Digestive System
Alterations of Digestive Function
Alterations of Digestive Function in Children
The Musculoskeletal System
Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children
The Integumentary System
Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument
Alterations of the Integument in Children
Multiple Interacting Systems
Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Adults & Children
For Whom is this Book For
This Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 7th Edition is perfect for Pathologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Graduation in Pathology and General Medicine. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 351.6 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.