Nutrition and Bariatric Surgery eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Robert F. Kushner and Christopher D. Still
Published by CRC Press
About the Book
This Nutrition and Bariatric Surgery is edited by Robert F. Kushner and Christopher D. Still. This First Edition textbook has led to improved health outcomes including significant weight loss and reduction in co-morbidities among patients with obesity. Clinical practice guidelines recommend that patients considering bariatric surgery undergo a comprehensive nutritional assessment.
Nutrition and Bariatric Surgery is the first comprehensive book that uniquely addresses the dietary and nutritional care of the bariatric surgery patient.
– This book reviews the nutritional and physiological changes imposed by surgical revision of the gastrointestinal tract.
– Also discussed are nutritional assessment of the bariatric surgical patient as well as pre- and postoperative dietary management recommendations.
– Other clinical topics covered include nutritional anemia, metabolic bone disease, neurological disorders, and protein–calorie malnutrition.
– Nutrition and Bariatric Surgery examines eating behaviors before and after bariatric surgery as well as psychological issues, mood disorders, and nutritional concerns associated with weight regain.
– The book also addresses nutritional needs of special populations undergoing bariatric surgery including adolescents, pregnant or lactating women, and severely obese ICU patients.
– The book is an authoritative guide for health care professionals caring for the bariatric patient including physicians, dietitians, physician assistants, nurses, and nurse practitioners.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Review of Nutritional Gastrointestinal Physiology Imposed by Bariatric Surgical Procedures
Nutritional Assessment of the Bariatric Surgery Patient
Nutrition Management, Pre- and Postsurgery
Anemia and Bariatric Surgery
Metabolic Bone Disease Following Bariatric Surgery
Selected Nutritional Deficiencies (Zinc, Selenium, Vitamins A, D, E, and K, and Niacin)
Pharmacology of Drugs and Nutritional Supplements
Macronutrient Concerns: Protein–Energy Malnutrition
Special Populations: Adolescents
Special Populations: Pregnancy and Lactation after Bariatric Surgery
Psychological Issues and Eating Behavior Before and After Bariatric Surgery
Nutrition and Body Contouring Procedures
Obesity in Critical Illness: Implications for Nutrition Therapy
Nutrition and Weight Regain in the Bariatric Surgical Patient
For Whom is this Book For
This Nutrition and Bariatric Surgery is perfect for Gastroenterologists, Surgeons, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Gastroenterology and Surgery. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 6.3 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.