Molecular Basis of Oxidative Stress eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Frederick A. Villamena
Chemistry, Mechanisms and Disease Pathogenesis
Published by Wiley
About the Book
This Molecular Basis of Oxidative Stress: Chemistry, Mechanisms and Disease Pathogenesis is edited by Frederick A. Villamena. This First Edition textbook sets the stage for the development of better diagnostic techniques and therapeutics. Featuring contributions from an international team of leading clinicians and biomedical researchers, Molecular Basis of Oxidative Stress reviews the molecular and chemical bases of oxidative stress, describing how oxidative stress can lead to the development of cancer and cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases.
Moreover, it explains the potential role of free radicals in both the diagnosis and the development of therapeutics to treat disease. Molecular Basis of Oxidative Stress is logically organized, beginning with a comprehensive discussion of the fundamental chemistry of reactive species.
– Presents new mechanistic insights into how oxidative damage of biomolecules occurs.
– Examines how these oxidative events effect cellular metabolism.
– Investigates the role of oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of cancer, neurodegenerative disease, cardiovascular disease, and cystic fibrosis.
– Explores opportunities to improve the diagnosis of disease and the design of new therapeutic agents.
– Readers will find much novel information, including new radical chemistries and the latest discoveries of how free radicals react with biomolecules.
– The contributors also present recent findings that help us better understand the initiation of oxidative stress and the mechanisms leading to the pathogenesis of various diseases.
– Throughout the book, the use of molecular structures helps readers better understand redox chemistry.
– In addition, plenty of detailed figures illustrate the mechanisms of oxidative stress and disease pathogenesis.
– Examining everything from the basic chemistry of oxidative stress to the pathogenesis of disease, Molecular Basis of Oxidative Stress will help readers continue to explore the nature of oxidative stress and then use that knowledge to develop new approaches to prevent, detect, and treat a broad range of disease conditions.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Chemistry of Reactive Species
Lipid Peroxidation and Nitration
Protein Posttranslational Modifi cation
Downregulation of Antioxidants and Phase 2 Proteins
NADPH Oxidases: Structure and Function
Cell Signaling and Transcription
Oxidative Stress and Redox Signaling in Carcinogenesis
Neurodegeneration from Drugs and Aging-Derived Free Radicals
Cardiac Ischemia and Reperfusion
Atherosclerosis: Oxidation Hypothesis
Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress in Neurodegenerative Diseases
For Whom is this Book For
This Molecular Basis of Oxidative Stress: Chemistry, Mechanisms and Disease Pathogenesis, 1st Edition is perfect for Oncologists, Pathologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Oncology and Pathology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 9.4 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.