Mnemonics for Radiologists and FRCR 2B Viva Preparation eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Philip Yoong, William Bugg and Catherine A. Johnson
A Systematic Approach
Published by CRC Press
About the Book
This Mnemonics for Radiologists and FRCR 2B Viva Preparation: A Systematic Approach is edited by Philip Yoong, William Bugg and Catherine A. Johnson. This First Edition textbook is for the final FRCR examination which is a challenging task. The candidate has to balance their revision time between image interpretation practice, learning facts and refining presentation skills.
Whilst it is better to gain an understanding of the underlying mechanisms that result in a radiological abnormality, it is an unavoidable truth that some things just have to be rote learned.
– This revision guide demonstrates a proven mechanism for organising thoughts, directing revision towards the more important diagnoses and providing clarity when confronted with the mountain of information expected to retained and recalled during the FRCR viva exam.
– Mnemonics typically uses word-based cues to enhance memory, reduce cognitive load and aid learning.
– This guide relies on acronyms and acrostics – proven to be highly effective for rote learning and focused revision.
– FRCR examination candidates will appreciate the unified structure throughout, with extensive use of sample images followed by sets of differential diagnoses and mnemonic listings.
– For each stem of the mnemonic, the main radiological findings and useful distinguishing features are listed and a model answer is given.
– A short discussion of the main diagnoses follows, increasing comprehension and aiding examination confidence.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Section 1: Cardiorespiratory.
Upper lobe fibrosis.
Interstitial lung disease with normal lung volumes.
Diffuse reticulonodular shadowing.
Multiple pulmonary nodules.
Small/miliary pattern of nodules.
Multiple calcified lung nodules.
Large cavitating mass.
Anterior mediastinal mass.
Complete whiteout on chest X-ray.
Diffuse lung consolidation.
Bilateral hilar enlargement.
Inferior rib notching.
Section 2: Musculoskeletal.
Multiple lytic bone lesions.
Expansile lytic bone lesion.
Aggressive lytic bone lesion.
Epiphyseal lesion in the young.
Diffuse marrow infiltration.
Posterior vertebral body scalloping.
Lateral clavicle resorption.
Diffuse periosteal reaction in adults.
Section 3: Gastrointestinal and genitourinary.
Enhancing liver lesion.
Air in the biliary tree.
Terminal ileal mass/stricture.
Solid mesenteric mass.
Renal papillary necrosis.
Section 4: Neuroradiology.
Ring enhancing brain lesion.
Cerebellopontine angle mass.
Pituitary region mass.
Basal ganglia calcification.
Intramedullary spinal mass.
Extramedullary intradural spinal mass.
Extradural spinal mass.
Section 5: Paediatrics.
Diffuse periosteal reaction in a child.
Multiple wormian bones.
Posterior fossa mass in a child.
Large abdominal mass in a child.
Low bowel obstruction in the neonate.
For Whom is this Book For
This Mnemonics for Radiologists and FRCR 2B Viva Preparation: A Systematic Approach is perfect for Radiologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Radiology.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 2 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.