Managing Pain in Children eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Alison Twycross, Stephanie J. Dowden and Elizabeth Bruce
A Clinical Guide
Published by Wiley Blackwell
About the Book
This Managing Pain in Children: A Clinical Guide is edited by Alison Twycross, Stephanie J. Dowden and Elizabeth Bruce. All children have a right to appropriate prevention, assessment and control of their pain. This First Edition textbook of Managing Pain in Children is an evidence-based, practical guide to care in all areas of children’s pain management, providing nurses and other health care practitioners with the skills and expertise necessary to manage children’s pain effectively.
– The text first explores the relevant anatomy and physiology of children, the latest policy guidelines surrounding pain management and ethical issues involved in managing children’s pain.
– It then goes on to look at the various pain assessment tools available for children and non-drug methods of pain relief.
– The text then goes on to apply these pain management principles to practice in relation to acute pain, chronic pain, palliative care and the management of procedural pain.
– Each of these chapters covers the evidence base, assessment techniques, pain relieving interventions, and guidance for best practice in both hospital and community settings.
– Practical and accessible, with ‘best practice’ points in each chapter.
– Written in the context of latest policy developments.
Provides the necessary evidence-base for care throughout
– With contributions from experts in the field
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Why Managing Pain in Children Matters
Anatomy and Physiology of Pain
Pain: A Bio-Psycho-Social Phenomenon
Pharmacology of Analgesic Drugs
Non-Drug Methods of Pain Relief
Managing Acute Pain in Children
Chronic Pain in Children
Palliative Care in Children
Management of Painful Procedures
Where To From Here?
For Whom is this Book For
This Managing Pain in Children: A Clinical Guide is perfect for Pediatricians, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Pediatrics. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 3 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.