Lashley’s Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice 2nd Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by christine E. Kasper, Tonya A. Schneidereith and Felissa R. Lashley
Published by Springer Publishing Company
About the Book
This Lashley’s Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice, 2nd Edition is edited by christine E. Kasper, Tonya A. Schneidereith and Felissa R. Lashley. This Second Edition textbook of Lashley’s Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice, published by Springer Publications, deals with genetical aspects which are essential for nurses. Today’s nurses must be able to ìthink geneticallyî to help individuals and families who are affected by genetic disease or contemplating genetic testing.
– Encompasses state-of-the-art genomics from a nursing perspective.
– Provides a practical, clinically oriented lifespan approach.
– Covers science, technology, and clinical application of genomics.
– Addresses prevention, genetic testing, and treatment methods.
– Written for undergraduate- and graduate-level nursing students
– Serves as a classic resource for nursing students and practitioners at all levels who need to acquire the knowledge and skills for using genomics in their practice.
– Encompasses the many recent advances in genetic research and knowledge, providing essential new information on the science, technology, and clinical application of genomics.
– Focuses on the provision of individualized patient care based on personal genetics and dispositions.
– Designed for use by advanced practice nursing programs, as well as undergraduate programs.
– Pinpoints new developments in prenatal, maternity, and pediatric issues and supplies new information on genomics-based personal drug therapy, environmental susceptibilities, genetic therapies, epigenetics, and ethics.
– Features a practical, clinically oriented framework in line with the core competencies defined by the AACN.
– Delivers information according to a lifespan approach used in the practice setting.
– Continues to provide basic information on genomics, its impact on healthcare, and genetic disorders.
– Covers prevention, genetic counseling and referral, neuropsychiatric nursing, and public health.
– Presents information on a variety of diseases that affect patients throughout the lifespan, with specific guidance on the nursing role.
– Includes tests for a variety of diseases and information on pharmacogenomics, which enable health care providers to select the best drugs for treatment based on a patientís genetic makeup.
– Includes plentiful case study examples which support the information throughout.
– Additionally, an instructorís package of PowerPoint slides and a test bank are provided for use at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Part I: The Basics
Genomics in Health Care
Basic Concepts in Molecular Biology
Human Diversity and Variation
Inheritance Patterns in Human Phenotypes and Types of Genetic Disorders
Prevention, Genetic Testing, and Treatment of Genetic Disease
Part II: The Integration of Genetics Into Nursing Curricula
The Application of Genomics to Pharmacology
Assessing Patients With a Genetic “Eye”: Family History and Physical Assessment
Maternal–Child Nursing: Obstetrics
Maternal–Child Nursing: Pediatrics
Adult Health and Illness and Medical–Surgical Nursing
The Genetic Basis of Cancer
Genetic Elements of Behavioral Disorders
Ethical and Policy Issues in Clinical Genetics and Genomics
For Whom is this Book For
This Lashley’s Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice, 2nd Edition is perfect for Nursing Students and Nurses. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those students those who are pursuing their Graduation in Nursing. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Doctors and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 9.6 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.