Jefferson Headache Manual eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by William B. Young, Stephen D. Silberstein, Stephanie J. Nahas and Michael J. Marmura
Published by Demos Medical
About the Book
This Jefferson Headache Manual is edited by William B. Young, Stephen D. Silberstein, Stephanie J. Nahas and Michael J. Marmura. This First Edition textbook is a practical guide for the practitioner seeking assistance in diagnosing and treating headache patients.
Written by the experts at one of the foremost headache centers in the United States, the Manual provides a systematic approach to identifying and managing all types of headaches. Migraine, chronic daily and tension headache, cluster headache, post-lumbar puncture and high and low pressure headaches, medication overuse, and unusual primary headaches are all covered.
In addition, this handy reference includes chapters on post-traumatic headache, associated comorbid disorders, headache in the emergency department, and regional considerations in the neck, nose and sinuses, and contains up-to-date information on the latest prescription drug treatments, infusion and inpatient therapies, botulinum toxin, and behavioral management. Based upon the Jefferson philosophy and unique experience of the authors, this comprehensive yet concise manual will appeal to anyone who strives to practice state of the art headachemedicine.
Practical, problem-oriented approach to diagnosis and management
Expert advice and recommendations
Packed with useful graphics, tables, and illustrations
Differential diagnoses lists, clinical criteria boxes, and Red Flags help practitioners make informed decisions quickly
Covers pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
1. Classification of Headache: How and Why; Primary versus Secondary Headache
2. Epidemiology of Migraine
3. Diagnosis and Testing of Primary and Secondary Headache
4. Pathophysiology of Migraine and How to Explain it to your Patients
5. Migraine: Treating the Attack
6. Migraine: Preventing Attacks
7. Hormones and Headaches
8. Chronic Daily Headache: Chronic Migraine and Others: Diagnosis and Treatment
9. Medication Overuse: Diagnosis and Treatment
10. Comorbid Disorders Associated with Migraine and Chronic Daily Headache
11. Behavioral Treatment of Migraine and Chronic Daily Headache
12. Headache in the Emergency Department
13. Infusion and Inpatient Treatment
14. Cluster Headache
15. Unusual Primary Headaches
16. Posttraumatic Headaches
17. Postlumbar Puncture Headaches, High and Low Pressure Headaches
18. Headaches and the Neck
19. Headaches and the Nose and Sinuses: A practical Approach
For Whom is this Book For
This Jefferson Headache Manual, 1st Edition is perfect for Neurologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Neurology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 4.2 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.