Introduction to General Medical Conditions eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Genevieve Ludwig and Megan Streveler-Lundstrom
Health, Wellness and Exercise science Collection
Published by Momentum Press
About the Book
This Introduction to General Medical Conditions is edited by Genevieve Ludwig and Megan Streveler-Lundstrom. This First Edition textbook covers common illnesses and conditions that afflict the active population. The text is designed to be a reference tool for students and professionals that work with athletes or a physically active population.
– The reader will be introduced to concepts regarding clinical pathology, pharmacology, and diagnostic testing for non orthopedic conditions.
– The main focus will be primarily on common conditions encountered in general medicine and the associated diagnosis and treatment information for each.
– Individual chapters will cover specific body systems and include: a brief review of the body systems, how the pathology is acquired, the common signs and symptoms for easy recognition, and the most commonly prescribed treatment plan.
– Lastly, preventative measures will be discussed to help patients lead healthy lifestyles, with the hope to avoid contracting these illnesses.
– Coaches, students in allied health professions, physical education teachers, and even parents and older athletes, will benefit from reading this text.
– The first unit of the text will cover Introduction to Medical Conditions, Introduction to Clinical Pathology, Common Medical Procedures, Pharmacology Basics, and Growth and Maturation.
– The second unit of the text will cover conditions for specific body systems including the Immune System, Respiratory System, Circulatory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Reproductive System, Neurological System, Endocrine System, Integumentary System, and conditions that affect the ears and eyes.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
PI Introduction to General Medical Concepts
Introduction to Clinical Pathology
Common Medical Procedures
Common Contagious Illnesses
PII Conditions by Body System
Respiratory System Conditions
Digestive System Conditions
Urinary System Conditions
Reproductive System Conditions
Neurological System Conditions
Endocrine System Conditions
For Whom is this Book For
This Introduction to General Medical Conditions is perfect for Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those students who are pursuing their Graduation in Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: EPUB Size: 2.3 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.