Integrative Medical Biochemistry eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Michael W. King
Examination and Board Review
Published by McGraw-Hill Education
About the Book
This Integrative Medical Biochemistry: Examination and Board Review is edited by Michael W. King. This First Edition textbook is a fast and effective way for you to prepare for regular course examinations in biochemistry and medical biochemistry, as well as medical board exams and the USMLE Step 1.
– A unique feature of this review is the integration of medical biochemistry with physiology, pathophysiology, pathology, and anatomy, making it perfect for today’s rapidly changing medical school curriculum.
– Integrative Medical Biochemistry Examination and Board Review is logically divided into four sections: Section 1 covers the basics of the major building blocks of all cells and tissues.
Section 2 discusses metabolic biochemistry with a strong emphasis on clinical correlations and clinical disorders related to these all important pathways.
Section 3 reviews the Cellular and Molecular Biology topics associated with medical biochemistry, physiology, and pathology.
Section 4 includes 10 chapters with high-yield integrative topics of value not only to medical students, but to all students of the discipline.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
1. Protein Structure Function
2. Membranes and Membrane Transport Process
3. Vitamins and Minerals
4. Enzyme Kinetics
6. Fructose Metabolism
7. Galactose Metabolism
10. Pentose Phosphate Pathway
11. Pyruvate dehydrogenase and the TCA cycle
12. Ethanol Metabolism
13. Lipogenesis: fatty acid and complex lipid synthesis
14. Lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation
16. Bile acids
18. Amino Acids
19. Specialized Amino Acid Derivatives
20. Nucleic Acids
21. Mitochondrial Functions
22. Nitrogen Homeostasis
23. Iron and Heme Metabolism
24. Metabolic Integration
25. Digestion and Hypothalamic Control of Feeding
26. Obesity (fat and carbohydrate metabolism)
27. Diabetes (fat, carbohydrate, protein metabolism)
28. Cardiovascular disease (cholesterol, lipids, lipoproteins)
29. Hormones and Endocrine Functions
32. RNA structure and synthesis
33. Protein synthesis
35. Signal transduction
36. Molecular Biology
For Whom is this Book For
This Integrative Medical Biochemistry: Examination and Board Review is perfect for Biochemists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It acts as Reference Material for those students who are pursuing their Graduation in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Science Degree. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 51.7 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.