Immunonutrition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Bharat B. Aggarwal and David Heber
Interactions of Diet, Genetics and Inflammation
Published by CRC Press
About the Book
This Immunonutrition: Interactions of Diet, Genetics and Inflammation is edited by Bharat B. Aggarwal and David Heber. This First Edition textbook of Immunonutrition is published by CRC Press publications. The interaction of immune function and nutrition underlies the low-grade chronic inflammation involved in the etiology of many common obesity-associated and age-related chronic disease conditions. This close interaction is the genesis of the term immunonutrition, which represents a new interdisciplinary field of nutritional and medical research.
– Introduces the breadth of this field, which implicates nutrition in both immune function and in the etiology, prevention, and treatment of common diseases influenced by inflammation and immune imbalance, including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, asthma, autoimmune diseases, and common forms of cancer.
– Begins by reviewing the basic mechanisms of immunity and cellular mechanisms of cytokine activation.
– Discusses the effects of dietary fat intake and changes in the Western diet and lifestyle linked to inflammation.
– Describes the interaction of genetics and environment in the modulation of immune function and inflammation, and addresses exercise and skeletal muscle as an endocrine and an immune organ.
– Reviews the entire spectrum of inflammation and cancer from causation to its role in tumor therapy.
– Examines abdominal obesity and metabolic diseases, interactions between nutrition and autoimmunity in systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammation associated with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and asthma.
– Explores approaches for reducing abdominal obesity, anti-inflammatory effects of phytochemicals, practical strategies for increasing fruit and vegetable intake, and anti-inflammatory properties of spice phytonutrients.
– Explores how uninformed food choices related to fats and oils create a balance of tissue-selective signals that produce harmful health outcomes and how to restore a healthy balance.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Evolution of Innate and Adaptive Immunity
Cellular Mechanisms of Cytokine Activation
Cellular Lipids and Inflammation
Biomarkers of Inflammation and the Western Diet
Phytochemicals and Immune Function
Genetic and Environmental Modifiers of Immune Function
Cancer and Inflammation
Abdominal Obesity: Pathophysiology and Related Metabolic Complications
Type 2 Diabetes and Inflammation
Heart Disease and Inflammation
Chronic Kidney Disease and Inflammation
Alzheimer’s Disease and Inflammation
Nutrition in Autoimmunity: A Focus on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Asthma and Inflammation
Muscle and Immune Function
Approaches to Reducing Abdominal Obesity
Barriers to Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Practical Strategies for Increasing Fruit and Vegetable Intake
Healthy Fats and Oils: Balancing Omega-3 and Omega-6 Acids in Tissues
Spices and Dietary Supplements with Anti-Inflammatory Activity
For Whom is this Book For
This Immunonutrition: Interactions of Diet, Genetics and Inflammation is perfect for Immunologists, Dieticians, Nutritionists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as a Reference Material for those students those who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Immunology, Nutrition and Health Care. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 3.4 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.