English for Academic Research eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Adrian Wallwork
Published by Springer
About the Book
This English for Academic Research: Grammar Exercises is edited by Adrian Wallwork. This First Edition of English for Academic Research is published by Springer Publications.
– Provides information on English based on a study of referees’ reports and letters from journal editors for reasons why papers written by non-native researchers are rejected due to problems with English grammar.
– Draws on English-related errors from around 5000 papers written by non-native authors, several hundred emails, 500 abstracts from PhD students, and over 1000 hours of teaching researchers how to write and present research papers.
– Includes Exercise types which are repeated for different contexts. For example, the difference between the simple present, present perfect and simple past is tested for use in papers, referees’ reports, and emails of various types. Such repetition of similar types of exercises is perfect for revision purposes.
– Designed for self-study and there is a key to all exercises. Most exercises require no actual writing, but simply choosing between various options, thus facilitating e-reading and rapid progress.
– Exercises can also be integrated into English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and English for Special Purposes (ESP) courses at universities and research institutes.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Nouns: plurals, countable versus uncountable
Genitive: the possessive form of nouns
Indefinite article (a/an), definite article (the), and zero article
Quantifiers: some, any, little, few, a lot of, lots, much, many
Relative pronouns: that, which, who, whose, what
Present tenses, Past tenses, Future tenses
Conditional forms: zero, first, second, third, mixed
Passive versus active: impersonal versus personal forms
Infinitive, -ing form (gerund), suggest, recommend
Modal verbs, Phrasal verbs, Word order
Comparative and superlative forms
Numbers, Acronyms and abbreviations
Introduction and review of the literature
Materials and methods
Results, Discussion, Conclusion
Abstract contrasted with conclusions
Acknowledgements, 10 Mini tests
For Whom is this Book For
This English for Academic Research: Grammar Exercises, 1st Edition is perfect for Research Paper Writers and Editors. It is the must have reference for students and professors! It acts as a Reference Material for those students those who are pursuing their Graduation in English and Research.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 3 MB
If the Download Links of the eBook / PDF have Not been working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.