Ear Reconstruction 2nd Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Juarez M. Avelar
Published by Springer
About the Book
This Ear Reconstruction, 2nd Edition is edited by Juarez M. Avelar. This Second Edition textbook intends to broaden the discussion about the plastic surgical techniques for the reconstruction of the ear.
Reconstruction of the ear is required in a variety of patients, especially in those with congenital anomalies and associated deformities or those suffering from accidents and trauma affecting the auricle. In this sense, this surgical approach has the ultimate goal of improving aesthetic and functional aspects of congenital and acquired anomalies of the ear.
– It features a more in-depth discussion of the topics previously addressed, including chapters on microtia, anotia, the upper pole, auricular lobule and complications during and following ear surgery.
– It addresses a wide variety of deformities of the auricle and surgical topics that were not included in the previous edition, such as:
Reconstruction of the tragus and creation of the external auditory canal – key considerations when planning or performing a reconstruction of the ear,
New concepts on the surgical anatomy of the ear – essential knowledge for plastic surgeons when performing the operation., Traumatic amputation of the ear – a common and severe social and organic problem.
– Discussions are presented that address the cause of the problem, as well as guidelines for surgeons during first aid in order to provide adequate reconstruction.
– Includes topics of Ear reconstruction for reparation of deformities caused by piercing, Reconstruction of the auricle secondarily to prominent ear surgery, Reconstruction of the ear after human and animal bite, Secondary reconstruction of the ear Reduction otoplasty – an important procedure whenever the size of the ear negatively impacts the patient’s wellbeing or self-esteem due to imbalanced facial contours.
– Features important notes on a procedure that leaves inconspicuous scars and creates a normal and natural appearance of the organ’s architecture, Post-operative care – special information on how to optimally avoid complications after surgery.
– Throughout the book, the goal is to share the author’s experience, gathered in the course of 43 years dedicated to this challenging field.
– Descriptions and illustrative photos concerning correction and reconstruction of the auricle caused by prominent ear surgery are presented in detail.
– The didactic approach, supplemented by color illustrations and surgical photos, helps to demonstrate basic and advanced techniques alike. With forewords by Ivo Pitanguy and Jorge Psillakis.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Surgical Anatomy with Regard to Ear Reconstruction
Classification of Congenital Anomalies of the Ear
Anomalies Associated with Digenesis of the Ear
The Importance of Surgical Planning Before an Operation
Post-operative Care After Ear Reconstruction
Reconstruction of the Tragus
Reconstruction of the External Auditory Canal
Reconstruction of the Ear Due to Congenital Anomalies
Traumatic Amputation of the Ear: What to Do with the Amputated Segment?
Reconstruction of the Ear after Traumatic Amputation
Reconstruction of the Ear After Human or Animal Bites
Late Follow-Up After Ear Reconstruction
Secondary Reconstruction of the Ear
Reconstruction of the Auricle Secondary to Prominent Ear Surgery
Complications After Ear Reconstruction: Treatment for and How to Avoid
Reduction Otoplasty to Improve Facial Contour
Ear Reconstruction After Destruction Caused by Piercing
For Whom is this Book For
This Ear Reconstruction, 2nd Edition is perfect for ENT Specialists, Otolaryngologists, Surgeons, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Otolaryngology and Surgery. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 30.7 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.