Theoretical Basis for Nursing 4th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Melanie McEwen and Evelyn M Wills
Published by LWW
About the Book
This Theoretical Basis for Nursing, 4th Edition is edited by Melanie McEwen and Evelyn M Wills. Increase your understanding of nursing theory and see how it can transform clinical practice with Fourth Edition textbook of Theoretical Basis for Nursing, the most contemporary and concise nursing theory textbook on the market. Easy to read without diluting the complexity of the content, this acclaimed book focuses on the application of theory, while helping you build skills you will use in developing, analyzing, and evaluating theory in your future career.
Develop a concrete understanding of how theory can guide practice with new Link to Practice boxes.Increase your understanding of how content relates to the nurse’s everyday experience with Case Studies that appear in each chapter.Master key concepts through Chapter Summaries and Key Points that recap main ideas and Learning Activities that pose critical thinking questions, suggestions for learning activities, and stimulate classroom discussion.Take your learning beyond the book with a wide range of learning resources online including a Literature Assessment Activity and Case studies.
– NEW! A new chapter on Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) examines the connection between EBP and situation-specific practice theories.
– NEW! Bring theory alive for students and show them how theory can guide practice with new Link to Practice boxes.
– Increase student understanding of how content relates to the nurse’s everyday experience with the Case Studies provided in each chapter.
– Encourage independent and collaborative research through revised Learning Activities that pose critical thinking questions, suggest learning activities, and stimulate classroom discussion.
– Help your students master key concepts through Chapter Summaries and Key Points that recap main ideas in the chapter into digestible parts.
– NEW! A new online Literature Assessment Activity asks students to respond to critical thinking questions after reading current journal articles.
– NEW! To help make the theory course fun, a new Instructor’s Guide includes discussion questions, fun classroom activities, and recommendations for teaching the course.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Unit I: Introduction to Theory
Philosophy, Science and Nursing
Overview of Theory in Nursing
Concept Development: Clarifying Meaning of Terms
Theory Development: Structuring Conceptual Relationships in Nursing
Theory Analysis and Evaluation
Unit 2: Nursing Theories
Overview of Grand Nursing Theories
Grand Nursing Theories Based on Human Needs
Grand Nursing Theories Based on Interactive Process
Grand Nursing Theories Based on Unitary Process
Introduction to Middle Range Nursing Theories
Overview of Selected Middle Range Nursing Theories
Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Theory
Unit 3: Shared Theories Used by Nurses
Theories From the Sociologic Sciences
Theories From the Behavioral Sciences
Theories From the Biomedical Sciences
Theories, Models, and Frameworks From Leadership and Management
Unit IV : Application of Theory in Nursing
Application of Theory in Nursing Practice
Application of Theory in Nursing Research
Application of Theory in Nursing Administration and Management
Application of Theory in Nursing Education
Future Issues in Nursing Theory
For Whom is this Book For
This Theoretical Basis for Nursing, 4th Edition is perfect for Nursing Students and Nurses. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those students those who are pursuing their Graduation in Nursing. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: – MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.