|About the Book|
|Name of the eBook:||Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 23rd Edition|
|Authors / Editors:||Stuart M. Ralston, Ian D. Penman, Mark WJ Strachan, and Richard P. Hobson|
More than two million medical students, doctors and other health professionals around the globe have owned a copy of Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine since it was first published. Now in its 23rd Edition, this textbook describes the pathophysiology and clinical features of the most frequently encountered conditions in the major specialties of adult medicine and explains how to recognize, investigate, diagnose and manage them.
Taking its origins from Sir Stanley Davidson’s much-admired lecture notes, Davidson has endured because it keeps pace with how modern medicine is taught and provides a wealth of information in an easy-to-read, concise, and beautifully illustrated format.
This book will serve readers everywhere as a core text that integrates medical science with clinical medicine, conveying key knowledge, and practical advice in a highly accessible and readable format.
- The opening section describes the fundamentals of genetics, immunology, infectious diseases, and population health, and discusses the core principles of clinical decision-making and good prescribing.
- A new second section on emergency and critical care medicine encompasses poisoning, envenomation, and environmental medicine, and introduces a new chapter on acute medicine and critical illness.
- The third section covers the major medical specialties, each thoroughly revised and brought fully up to date. Two new chapters on maternal and adolescent/transition medicine complement the one on aging and disease. A new chapter on medical ophthalmology has been included.
- Clinical Examination overviews summarise the main elements for each system and now feature in the biochemistry, nutrition, and dermatology chapters.
- Presenting Problems sections provide a clear pathway for the assessment of and approach to the most common complaints in each specialty.
- Practice Point summaries detail the practical skills that medical students and junior doctors must acquire.
- Emergency boxes emphasize the core knowledge needed to manage acutely ill patients.
- In Old Age, In Pregnancy and In Adolescence boxes highlight differences in the practice of medicine in these patient groups, and illustrate the interfaces between medical, obstetric, and pediatric services.
- The text is extensively illustrated, with over 1000 diagrams, clinical photographs, and radiology and pathology images.
- The global perspective is enhanced by an International Advisory Board of experts from 17 countries, and by authors from around the world.
Table of Contents
Fundamentals of medicine
Clinical decision making
Clinical therapeutics and good prescribing
Population health and epidemiology
Principles of infectious disease
Emergency and critical care medicine
Acute medicine and critical illness
HIV infection and AIDS
Sexually transmitted infections
Clinical biochemistry and metabolic medicine
Nephrology and urology
Nutritional factors in disease
Haematology and transfusion medicine
Rheumatology and bone disease
Adolescent and transition medicine
Ageing and disease
Pain and palliative care
Laboratory reference ranges
|Format of the eBook:|
|Size of the eBook:||337 MB|
|Status of the eBook:||Available for Free Download|
Copy and Paste Below Links in your Browser and Wait for 12 Seconds then Click on Continue to go to Download Page
Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine 23rd Edition Free Download
Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine 23rd Edition eBook Free Download
Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine 23rd Edition PDF Free Download