Cases in Head and Neck Cancer eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Bari Hoffman Ruddy, Henry Ho, Christine Sapienza and Jeffrey J. Lehman
A Multidisciplinary Approach
Published by Plural Publishing
About the Book
This Cases in Head and Neck Cancer: A Multidisciplinary Approach is edited by Bari Hoffman Ruddy, Henry Ho, Christine Sapienza and Jeffrey J. Lehman. This First Edition textbook contains cases written by leading experts in the field that cover a wide variety of head and neck cancers (i.e., tongue base, tonsil, laryngeal, HPV related, etc.) and treatment options, including minimally invasive surgery such as robotic surgery and combined modality treatment protocols.
– This text addresses comprehensive cases from initial evaluation, diagnosis, imaging, and other physiological tests to multidisciplinary treatment management (surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy).
– Includes approaches for the management of toxicities or morbidities of cancer treatment are presented, as well as care plans, discharge plans, and caregiver burden and survivorship issues. Moreover, material on health literacy, humanistic care, and improving communication with assistive technology has been included.
– Written by clinicians specializing in speech-language pathology, otolaryngology, medical and radiation oncology, pathology, nurse case management, radiology, dietics, among other fields, this collection of authors provides one of the most complete presentations of the inner workings of the multidisciplinary care team.
– The adult cases of head and neck cancer reviewed in this text exemplify current practice issues surrounding HPV, minimally invasive robotic surgery and combined modality treatments.
– Each author threads introductory comments throughout the cases illustrating the critical role of the speech-language pathologist, in particular, and how all clinicians must address coping with survivorship and caregiver burden issues.
– Cases in Head and Neck Cancer intends to teach future medical practitioners how to approach the complexities associated with head and neck cancer. Its vast number of images and videos included on a PluralPlus companion website allow for experiential driven classroom activities.
– This text will be an invaluable resource for the education of speech-language pathologists, medical students, nurse care managers, dieticians, and any person involved in a head and neck cancer team.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Part I Demographics and Definitions
Head and Neck Cancer Demographics and Team Management
Part II Oral Cavity Cases
Lip, Anterior Floor of Mouth, and Mandibular Cancer
Speech and Swallowing after Hemiglossectomy With Radial Forearm Free Flap Reconstruction
Prolonged Dysphagia Following Chemoradiation of the Soft Palate and Tonsillar Fossa
Part III Oropharyngeal Cases
Overview of Multidisciplinary Management for Oropahryngeal Cancer
An Interdisciplinary Approach to the Management of a Patient With Base of Tongue Carcinoma
Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of the Base of Tongue
Minimally Invasive Approach to Treating Cancer of the Base of Tongue
Management of SCCA of the Base of Tongue
An Interdisciplinary Approach to the Management of HPV-Positive Tonsil Cancer With Chemoradiation Therapy
Part IV Hypopharyngeal and Supraglottic Cases
Overview of Multidisciplinary Management for Hypopharyngeal Cancer
Rare Chondrosarcoma of the Supraglottis
Part V Laryngeal Cases
Management of SCCA In Situ in a Professional Performer
Management of Recurrent Laryngeal Cancer
Team Approach in Treating Laryngeal Cancer Resulting in Total Laryngectomy
Eliminating Aspiration Risk Through Total Laryngectomy: A Surgical Approach Requiring Laryngectomy
Part VI Less Common Cases
Management of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
Case of Occult Primary Head and Neck SCCA Presented With Lymphadenopathy
Part VII Consideration of Communication Options and Patient-Centered Treatment
Consideration of Communication Options in Head and Neck Cancer: Augmentative and Alternative
Rehabilitation of the Laryngectomized Individual: Alaryngeal Communication Options
Patient Life Experiences Essential for Humanistic and Quality Care
Health Literacy Implications for Head and Neck Cancer Patients
For Whom is this Book For
This Cases in Head and Neck Cancer: A Multidisciplinary Approach is perfect for Oncologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Oncology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 10.2 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.