Career Skills for Surgeons eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Charalambos Panayiotou Charalambous
Published by Springer
About the Book
This Career Skills for Surgeons is edited by Charalambos Panayiotou Charalambous. This First Edition textbook presents various skills to help surgeons improve their day-to-day performance and development including professionalism, communication, situation awareness, decision making, leadership, and technical dexterity.
– Offers advice on how to organise a surgical theatre list, improve theatre efficiency, prepare for surgical interviews and participate in surgical research and audit.
– Emphasises the need to strive for safety in surgery and to learn from things going wrong.
– The complex world of emotions that surgeons may encounter is also discussed.
– The guidance presented here may be of value to any aspiring surgeon, whatever their surgical specialty, and wherever they choose to practise.
– The skills highlighted in this book reflect the author’s initial experiences as a surgical trainee, the teachings of his senior trainers, as well as his subsequent involvement in supervising multiple junior surgeons as a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics.
– Much of the material presented is supported by an extensive literature review.
– This book complements the previously published book “Career Skills for Doctors” by the same author.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Professionalism in Surgery
Communication in Surgery
Organising a Surgical Theatre List
Technical Skills in Surgery
Situation Awareness in Surgery
Decision Making in Surgery
Leadership in Surgery
Safety in Surgery
When Things Go Wrong
Emotions in Surgery
For Whom is this Book For
This Career Skills for Surgeons is perfect for Surgeons, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Surgery.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 6 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.