Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 8th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Louise Rebraca Shives
Published by LWW
About the Book
This Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th Edition is edited by Louise Rebraca Shives. This Eight Edition textbook of Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing has been updates for currency and retains key features that have been well-received in previous editions, specifically self-awareness prompth, clinical examples, and recurring boxes.
– Self Awareness Prompts – Critical thinking prompts that encourage students to consider how issues from their own personal biases or experiences could affect their practice, or areas in which they may struggle to understand certain aspects of psychiatric-mental health nursing practice, and to explore and discuss ways to address these issues.
– Clinical Examples – Case descriptions of clients exhibiting symptoms of disorders discussed in the text
– The Nursing Process section / Nursing Plan of Care Box – Each clinical disorder chapter concludes with a ‘The Nursing Process’ section, which walks through the application of the nursing process to clients exhibiting the disorder(s) discussed in the chapter, followed by a ‘Nursing Plan of Care’ Box, demonstrating the application of this process to a specific case example.
– Drug Summary Tables – located in the clinical disorder chapters, these tables include generic/trade name, dosage range, adverse effects, and nursing interventions
– Recurring Boxes – Recurring boxes summarizing the major clinical symptoms and diagnostic characteristics associated with specific psychiatric mental health disorders incorporating the DSM-IV-TR criteria; highlighting examples of North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) nursing diagnoses for specific disorders; providing examples of client outcomes for specific disorders; highlighting features such as Med Alerts, assessment or screening tools, subtypes of a specific disorder, and nursing interventions; and addressing supporting evidence for practice
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
History and Trends in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
Development of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Theory
Spiritual, Cultural, and Ethnic Issues
Ethical and Legal Issues
Forensic Nursing Practice
Loss, Grief, and End-of-Life Care
Continuum of Care
Assessment of Psychiatric-Mental Health Clients
Nursing Diagnosis, Outcome Identification, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
Therapeutic Communication and Relationships
The Therapeutic Milieu
Crisis and Disaster Intervention
Family, Couples, and Group Therapy
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders
Schizophrenia and Schizophrenic-like Disorders
Personality Development and Personality Disorders
Sexuality and Sexual Disorders
Delusional and Shared Psychotic Disorders
Infant, Child, and Adolescent Clients
Aging Clients with Psychosocial Needs
Clients with a Dual Diagnosis
Clients Experiencing Abuse and Violence
Clients Coping with Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Seriously and Persistently Mentally III, Homeless, or Incarcerated Clients
For Whom is this Book For
This 8th Edition handbook of Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing is perfect for Psychiatrists, Psychologists and Mental Health Specialists. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students those who are pursuing their Graduation in Psychiatry and Psychology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 29 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.