Barasi’s Human Nutrition 3rd Edition eBook PDF Free Download
A Health Perspective
Edited by Mike Lean and Emilie Combet
Published by CRC Press
About the Book
This Barasi’s Human Nutrition: A Health Perspective, 3rd Edition is edited by Mike Lean and Emilie Combet. This Third Edition textbook of Barasi’s Human Nutrition is published by CRC Press publications.
– Thoroughly revised, restructured, and updated.
– Provides a comprehensive introduction to the principles and practice of nutrition.
– Presents up-to-date scientific information in an accessible and reader-friendly format, emphasising how important nutrition is for evidence across the full translational health spectrum, from epidemiology and basic sciences through clinical and public heath applications, and ultimately into sustainable public policy.
– Places more emphasis on applied nutrition than previous editions.
– sections relating to clinical nutrition, public health nutrition, and improving foods for better health are now separate chapters with new chapters on sport nutrition, obesity, and weight management, and each section has a dedicated table of contents to better highlight the subject covered.
– Focuses on nutritional issues related to globally important, potentially preventable, major diseases, such as coronary heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, and discusses methods for studying nutrition and relevant essential dietary principles for intervention.
– Written from the perspective of experienced teachers at the undergraduate and graduate levels and is an invaluable resource for students in health and nutrition and for those pursuing further qualifications in food science.
– Written in an ‘easy-read’ style, which makes potentially complicated subjects accessible to general readers as well as to the more specialised user.
– Provides both an entry-level introduction to human nutrition for introductory or intermediate undergraduate students and also sufficient comprehensive detail to serve as a reference book for Masters or PhD students.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
SECTION I: Foods, Nutrient Requirements and Nutrition
Introduction: What Is Nutrition?
Nutrient Requirements and the Nutritionally Balanced Diet
Macronutrients in Foods and Diets: Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats
Vitamins and Phytochemicals
Minerals, Electrolytes and Fluid
SECTION II: Nutrition through the Life Cycle
Nutrition during Pregnancy and Lactation
Nutrition during Infancy, Childhood and Adolescence
Nutrition during Adulthood and Ageing
SECTION III: Digestion, Absorption and Nutrient Metabolism
Gut Structures, Functions and Control of Digestion
Digestion and Absorption of Nutrients
Metabolism and Function of Macronutrients
Metabolism and Function of Micronutrients
SECTION IV: Eating Behaviour and Nutritional Epidemiology
Habits and Influences on Eating Behaviours
Diet and Coronary Heart Disease
Diet and Cancer
SECTION V: Dietary and Nutritional Assessment
Energy: Intake and Expenditure
Dietary and Nutritional Assessment
SECTION VI: Applied Nutrition
Introduction to Public Health Nutrition and Health Promotion
Introduction to Obesity and Weight Management
Introduction to Clinical Nutrition
Introduction to Sport Nutrition
Improving Foods for Better Nutrition
For Whom is this Book For
This Barasi’s Human Nutrition: A Health Perspective, 3rd Edition is perfect for Nutritionists and Dieticians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those students those who are pursuing their Graduation in Nutrition and Health Care. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: EPUB Size: 18.4 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.