Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 7th Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by Peter Davey, Mark Wilcox, William Irving and Guy Thwaites
Published by Oxford
About the Book
This Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 7th Edition is edited by Peter Davey, Mark Wilcox, William Irving and Guy Thwaites. This Seventh Edition textbook of antimicrobial agents are essential for the treatment of life-threatening infections and for managing the burden of minor infections in the community. In addition, they play a key role in organ and bone marrow transplantation, cancer chemotherapy, artificial joint and heart valve surgery.
Unlike other classes of medicines, they are vulnerable to resistance from mutations in target microorganisms, and their adverse effects may extend to other patients (increased risk of cross-infection). As a consequence, there is a constant requirement for new agents, as well as practices that ensure the continued effective prescribing of licensed agents.
– This fully revised and updated seventh edition of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy is an essential guide to the principles of antimicrobial chemotherapy, the problem of resistance and its control through policies, antimicrobial stewardship and surveillance.
– The book provides an aid to informed, rational prescribing for common bacterial, fungal, parasitic and viral infections.
– Divided in five parts, the book cover issues specific to both the developed and developing world.
– Part 1 ‘General property of antimicrobial agents’ discusses mechanisms of action and resistance to antibacterial, antifungal antiprotozoal, antiviral, and antiviral agents.
– Part 2 ‘Resistance to antimicrobial agents’ provides guidance about the problem of resistance, mechanisms of acquired resistance and genetics of resistance.
– Part 3 ‘General principles of usage of antimicrobial agents’ analyses the use of the laboratory, general principles of the treatment of infection, dosing in special groups (extremes of age, pregnancy, obesity), safe prescribing, prophylaxis and the role of policies in antimicrobial stewardship.
– Part 4 ‘Therapeutic use of antimicrobial agents’ provides advice about the treatment of common infections which are described by anatomical.
– There are also chapters on the management of mycobacterial disease, viral infections, HIV/AIDS and parasitic infections.
– The final part of the book analyses the development and marketing of antimicrobial drugs.
– This seventh edition of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy continues to be a valuable resource for undergraduates and graduates requiring a thorough grounding in the scientific basis and clinical application of these drugs.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
Part 1: General properties of antimicrobial agents
Mechanisms of action and resistance to modern antibacterial with a history of their development
Inhibitors of bacterial cell wall synthesis
Inhibitors of bacterial protein synthesis
Synthetic antibacterial agents and miscellaneous antibiotics
Drugs used in the treatment of viral hepatitis
Antiprotozoal and anthelminthic agents
Part 2: Resistance to antimicrobial agents
The problem of resistance
The genetics and mechanisms of acquired resistance
Part 3: General principles of usage of antimicrobial agents
Laboratory investigations and the treatment of infection
General principles of the treatment of infection
Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics principles
Prescribing in special groups: effects of age, pregnancy, body weight, hepatic and renal impairment
Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy
Adverse drug reactions and patient safety
Chemoprophylaxis and immunisation
Guidelines, formularies, and antimicrobial policies
Antimicrobial stewardship, surveillance of antimicrobial consumption and its consequences
Part 4: Therapeutic use of antimicrobial agents
Respiratory tract infections
Topical use of antimicrobial agents
Urinary tract infections
Sexually transmitted infections
Serious bacterial bloodstream infections
Bone and joint infections
Infections of the central nervous system
Skin and soft tissue infections
Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases
Infections in immunocompromised patients including HIV/AIDs
Management of HIV infection
Treatment of chronic viral hepatitis
The development and marketing of antimicrobial drugs
For Whom is this Book For
This Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 7th Edition is perfect for Microbiologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those MBBS students who are pursuing their Graduation in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Microbiology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: PDF Size: 2.4 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.