Age-Related Macular Degeneration 2nd Edition eBook PDF Free Download
Edited by D. Virgil Alfaro, III, Eric P. Jablon, John B. Kerrison, Kenneth A. Sharpe and Monica Rodriguez-Fontal
Published by Wolters Kluwer
About the Book
This Age-Related Macular Degeneration, 2nd Edition is edited by D. Virgil Alfaro, III, Eric P. Jablon, John B. Kerrison, Kenneth A. Sharpe and Monica Rodriguez-Fontal. This Second Edition textbook of Age-Related Macular Degeneration covers recent advances in pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment including promising new developments that will affect your patient care.
Dr. Virgil Alfaro and his colleagues at Retina Consultants of Charleston bring you their expertise in the areas of basic science, imaging, prevention, treatment, and more.
Learn from a renowned group of retina surgeons who address all aspects of management, including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology imaging of the macula in ARMD, prevention measures and treatment and future directions in the field. Gain a solid foundation in intravenous fluorescein angiography, indocyanine green angiography, and optical coherence tomography, as well as anti VEGE therapy and related new drugs, optimizing your diagnosis and treatment options.
Understand the significant change in the classification system of choroidal neovascular membranes in ARMD.
Get up-to-date information on treating ARMD secondary to geographic atrophy through cell transplantation and pharmacologic therapies.
Easily visualize key aspects of ARMD thanks to high-quality illustrations and photographs.
Find the information you need quickly by referencing individual chapters that offer comprehensive and inclusive coverage of the topic at hand.
What You will Learn
The Topics Covered in this Textbook are
SI ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND PATHOLOGY OF THE MACULA
1. Normal Anatomy of the Macula
2. Animal Models for Age-Related Macular Degeneration
3. Pathogenesis and Pathophysiology of Age-related Macular Degeneration
4. Etiology of Late Age-Related Macular Disease
5. Histopathology of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
SII CLASSIFICATION OF AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION
6. Classification of Exudative Age-Related Macular Degeneration
7. Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy
8. Retinal Angiomatous Proliferation in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
9. Differential Diagnosis of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
10. Fluorescein Angiography
11. Indocyanine Green Angiography in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
12. Fundus Autofluorescence Imaging in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
13. Optical Coherence Tomography
SIV NONEXUDATIVE AGE RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION
14. Antioxidants and Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Clinical Associations and Basic Mechanisms
SV EXUDATIVE AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION
15. Pre–Anti-VEGF Era
16. Macugen for Age-Related Macular Degeneration
17. Lucentis (Ranibizumab)
18. Bevacizumab for the Treatment of Exudative Age-Related Macular Degeneration
19. VEGF Trap-Eye for Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
20. Radiation for the Treatment of Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
21. Combination Therapy for Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
22. Fovista, a Pegylated Anti-PDGF Aptamer in Wet AMD
23. Complications of Intravitreal Injections
SVI FRONTIERS OF THERAPY
24. Introduction to Gene Therapy and Related Techniques for Retinal Disorders and Age-Related Macular Degeneration
25. New Pharmacotherapies for Age-Related Macular Degeneration
26. Artificial Vision, Retinal Implants, and Implantable Telescope
27. Retinal Transplantation
For Whom is this Book For
This Age-Related Macular Degeneration, 2nd Edition is perfect for Ophthalmologists, Residents and Practicing Physicians. It is the must have reference for practitioners and residents! It acts as Reference Material for those students those who are pursuing their Post-Graduation in Ophthalmology. It includes topics pretty useful for Other Health Care Professionals including Clinical Pharmacists, Nurses and Professors.
Format of the eBook: EPUB Size: 8.2 MB
If the Download Links of eBook / PDF are Not Working or Broken, then Contact Us Immediately via Broken Links Form.